The World’s Largest 10K
Hills, humidity, heat, and 6.2 miles in Atlanta is what I will be chewing through this morning. I have somehow found myself participating in the world’s largest 10k: Peachtree Road Race.
For those that don’t know, there is a lottery to get a spot in this race. At times, people will sell/give away their slot to others and I have been offered a spot a few times but never took it. Despite knowing the race is full of history, heritage, and all types of fun, I just was never super interested. I wish I had a great reason as to why.
A buddy asked me on Monday if I wanted to go and the more I thought about it, the crazier it seemed for me NOT to do it. My family schedule just got freed up a few days before hand so that stress is gone. Couple that with Jed’s post about never being ready, and…well… it just made sense. I have lived life reserved for far too long and am sick and tired of missing out on things that I wish I had done. This is my year. This is my time. This is my life. Time to do it!
PS - If you want some extra cool information and updates about the race, its history, and more, check out the Atlanta Track Club right here on Tumblr.
16 Notes/ Hide
- shleeeeski likes this
- strixilish likes this
- iam-beingreal reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- pickyourhard said: I can’t wait to hear all about it!
- inspiredandacquired likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- freakymustard likes this
- shawndoinglife likes this
- lindsayandthegiantpeach likes this
- stephsdoinglife likes this
- atlantamagazine reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- ourtimetochange posted this