Breakfast: steak strips, sweet potato fries, guac, and jalapeno peppers (All WLC compliant, by the way).
The best part about this was the prep time took next to nothing. Sure, it took some time to cook the sweet potatoes but we have done exceptionally well at meal planning and prepping this week.
I cooked the majority of the meat on Sunday. Last night I cut up the sweet potatoes and got the pan ready to cook. This morning most of the hard work had already been done, so it took a lot less time.
Over the weekend I had written out a meal plan and went shopping based on that. When you have a 6 year old, a 3 year old, a job, etc. life gets hectic. This planning and prepping might seem over the top, but this week we have done a great job at it and I am amazed at how much stress this relieves.
Last night when I got home and my wife was at the gym, I didn’t have to stare into the fridge and wonder what to cook. I just looked at our meal plan and did it. I knew we had the ingredients, some of which had already been prepared. That peace of mind has been helpful for us but most importantly, allowed us to stay focused and not deviate from eating clean.
28 Notes/ Hide
- beautifulbrownfitspo reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- kitinboots likes this
- orange-active-science likes this
- jsheeter likes this
- livingthedreambylivingfree said:Sounds awesome
- livingthedreambylivingfree likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- leprofkenny likes this
- insearchofmybalance likes this
- kungfucaveman said:I have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old. I wish we prepped food for the week..
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- zone-ish likes this
- barenakedlife likes this
- fluff2buff likes this
- getitgotitkeepit likes this
- shortmom likes this
- buildingthepath likes this
- knitruneatrepeat likes this
- rebeccaruns likes this
- ckeggs likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- livingformeandmimi likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- mr-smit likes this
- mr-smit said:How do you keep sweet potatoes from getting soggy/mushy when you cut them up ahead of time? Serious question.
- lifeinsteps likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this