Some good news
All along, one of my main goals was to get off blood pressure medicine. As such, I routinely have blood work drawn and tested. While I have come off of a stronger dose of BP meds, I still take them. My doctor has told me not to get discouraged and that I am doing what I should be doing, it is just my body might need help from medicine.
Regardless, I got my latest lab work results back. I love my new office for many reasons, but this is one of the best. My last doctor always said “no news is good news”. This office mails the results to you no matter what.
Triglycerides: 81 (Good is less than 150)
Cholesterol: 167 (Good is less than 200)
HDL: 60 (Good is greater than 40)
LDL: 81 (Good is less than 130)
Glucose: 82 (Good is 65-99)
Liver Enzymes: Good
About a year ago, I wrote something similar after getting lab work results back. Compare the numbers above with my results from June 2010, where my cholesterol was 240, triglycerides were 227, and LDL was 153. Except last year, I also had to have an ultrasound as they suspected I had a fatty liver. No worries about that as everything with the liver came back normal.
Also, a while back, someone on Twitter told me that these numbers wouldn’t be this way if I stuck with a paleo diet. Not sure what they have to say now. Granted, I am not 100% following that plan, but I follow it pretty darn close. I eat clean and exercise and don’t stress about it. I try to keep it fun and really enjoy what I am doing right now. It is nice to have the numbers to back it up.
36 Notes/ Hide
- antitype likes this
- lostweightgainedlove said: SO SO COOL!
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- aheartofiron said: Congratulations!
- aheartofiron likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- runningbysheds likes this
- hurtlockerapparel likes this
- sunshineandhipline likes this
- jonathanrxd likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- thatchickistragic likes this
- running4hissanity likes this
- findingmybalance-v2013 said: Sosososo awesome! :D
- olivialuvmeh likes this
- rebeccaruns likes this
- healthy-intentions likes this
- getitgotitkeepit likes this
- operation225 likes this
- annpersand said: hard to beat those numbers, congrats! just keep up with the paleo and crossfit, you’ll be off the bp meds in no time :)
- livingformeandmimi likes this
- fiindingmaria likes this
- therunningrd said: Congratulations! That is amazing progress!
- happyfitrunnergirl likes this
- rashls likes this
- chrisbiketri likes this
- tri-me likes this
- kadidoesthis likes this
- rachelreportslife likes this
- brooksylite said: that’s great. my stepdad who is one of the best athletes I’ve ever known has been on bp meds since his 30’s, some folks just run hot.
- garlo0311 likes this
- michaeldoeslife likes this
- buildingthepath likes this
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- bikesbrainsbetterliving said: Congrats on your bloodwork, that is awesome!
- ourtimetochange posted this