Paleo Nachos with Guacamole
I made these the other night and they were amazing. Figured I would share the recipe.
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1/2 White onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 - 1/2lb ground chuck
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Red cayenne pepper
- Sea salt (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 400. While it is heating, make the guacamole!
Mash up all of the avocados with a fork in a mixing bowl. After that, add in the onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and tomato. Mix all of those ingredients together.
With the guac made, toss it into the fridge and let it get cold. The oven should be heated by now.
Slice up a sweet potato into circular “chips”. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the chips on top. Lightly coat with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt (optional). Mix up the chips a bit and then place them as evenly as you can on the sheet. Cook for 20-22 minutes or until they are to your liking.
I set the timer for about 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, it gives me a good indication of when to start cooking the meat. I just set the timer again for another 7 minutes. Mix the ground chuck into a pan along with the paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook until brown.
Place the sweet potato chips on the plate, top with a serving of the ground chuck, and then top it all off with guacamole. I went a little further and added Sriracha (obviously not Whole Life Challenge compliant), but really, can you blame me?
39 Notes/ Hide
- kst0ne reblogged this from goodfightgonebad and added:
- erinerinerint likes this
- thereluctantrunner likes this
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- buildingothersup reblogged this from samsonspassion
- mandyisdandy likes this
- goodfightgonebad reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- karatenursemary likes this
- getitgotitkeepit likes this
- kristysfoodandfitness likes this
- healthykelsey likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- samsonspassion reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- spartanway likes this
- dixiecrystal reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- dixiecrystal likes this
- jerabich reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- lifedoesjed likes this
- mollierunning likes this
- blackbypopulardemand13 likes this
- scfd7barbell likes this
- meanrighthook likes this
- cariegetsmarried likes this
- x-opher said: I need this in my face right now.
- x-opher likes this
- regainingmymoxy said: YES!! Great suggestion on the chips - will have to try!!
- indommom likes this
- real-food-fit-life reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- dustinwantsfun likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- sassandlaughter likes this
- chrisbiketri said: Wow…another winner!!
- beachyrunner said: You have the best looking recipes!
- trish-runs-the-world-away said: that looks yummy. I think I will make that with black beans instead of meat. and sriracha, yum!
- runningwithguts said: Did you use enough words?
- freetherealme reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- ourtimetochange posted this