Have you ever had a lift that gets into your head to the point where breaking beyond your personal best feels impossible? Power cleans for me have been that way. Not really sure why, but I think it is one of my weaker lifts. I was stuck at sub-200 for what felt like forever. 3 weeks ago I hit 215 and since then I have attempted 225 several times, failing each and every time. 225 has been in my head big time. The last time I failed I had the bar up to my chest and couldn’t drop under it.
Today, I finally hit 225. Finally.
Oddly enough, it was during clean & jerks (155x3; 175x3; 185x3; 205x3; 215x3; 225x1) so for me it was not just a PR on the clean, but the clean & jerk. Despite my shoulder hurting, I was able to get under 225 and jerk it. I feel like I could have gone a little heavier but was so happy with breaking past that point I stopped there.
18 Notes/ Hide
- auryonblue likes this
- robownslife likes this
- robownslife said:eff yeah man! you could probably pick me up, that’s freaking scary dude!!
- tallmormon likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- 3quartersalice likes this
- insearchofmybalance likes this
- holmesimprovements said:Exactly where I’m at too…a couple Fridays ago it finally clicked when I was doing a max clean from boxes…did my pr easily so worked up to 225. Makes me eager to see what I can do from the floor now. Great work! Glad to be following your journey.
- holmesimprovements likes this
- shortmom said:cleans drive me nuts
- shortmom likes this
- crossfitpete said:Breaking the 100kg mark! Feels great…
- crossfitpete likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- x-opher likes this
- tribander likes this
- thetikistyle likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this