Ilya Ilyin of Kazakhstan competed in the 94kg division at the Olympics and made quite a statement of strength. He set 2 new Olympic records and 2 new world records with his lifts.
A man weighing 207 pounds, snatched 185kg (407lbs) and had a successful clean & jerk of 233kg (512.6lbs) for a new Olympic and world record. His total of 418kg (919.6lbs) was also a new Olympic and world record.
The most I have gone over head has been 245lbs, and that felt pretty darn cool. But this guy…..This guy put nearly 513lbs over head. That is about 305lbs more than he weighs. If you watch the video, he charged the lift, too. He did not require a lot of time to think, get reset, or anything of the sort.
19 Notes/ Hide
- aesthethc reblogged this from weightsoverhead and added:
- vincelok likes this
- weightsoverhead reblogged this from thors-bearded-buttocks
- thors-bearded-buttocks reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- jumboloving likes this
- kenny42o likes this
- sabbyrunsatl said:He’s big for a Kazakh. The men there tend to be small. He’s of Russian and not indigenous ethnicity, it looks like. And that’s probably where he gets the size. Strong guy!
- crossfitpete likes this
- shortmom said:500 lbs is like 2 refrigerators!
- shortmom likes this
- runningwithguts said:You’re like my go-to Olympic lifting reporter/commentator.
- runningwithguts likes this
- alexlolz reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- choose2dolife likes this
- marcusgreeny reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- gillsquirt said:kazakhstan owned the lifting i guess! i didn’t see much of it, but i saw maya maneza totally beast out.
- gillsquirt likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this