“Deck of Cards”
For those that have never done this, the concept is pretty simple. The deck of cards is placed face down and you pull a card. You do the reps and movements indicated by that card. For us, the Ace of hearts meant 11 burpees. You cannot flip the next card until the entire team is done with the exercise. It equates to 66 reps of each movement (not including the jokers). And you go through the entire deck for time.
Since starting CrossFit back at the end of March 2011, I have felt just about everything and anything from a workout, with the exception of vomiting. Today was new however. Though I did not get sick, I got extremely light headed and the gym got wobbly. We had just pulled the first joker and finished the 800m run, then came inside only to draw 10 burpees. It was the first time I had to stop during a WOD and walk outside to get some air. I have a feeling it is blood pressure related. That and on Saturdays I am usually doing more work than normal and do not eat a lot before doing it. Before this WOD I did some strength work on snatches that left me pretty gassed. Looks like I will be making another appointment with the doctor to see what is up with my BP and if that is the case or not.
I did the best that I could but found myself being the slowest of the pack. Which means I got the least amount of rest. If you are the slowest, everyone is waiting on you to finish and wanting to flip the next card, so as soon as you are done with your reps, its on the next. And it was tougher this morning than I have ever experienced in the few times I have done this WOD. The trainer made a change for the next class and changed the ace to be 1 rep instead of 11, which saved a lot of time. Wish we had done that.
Time was 41 minutes and change.
18 Notes/ Hide
- gmccook reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- coeurdelaventure likes this
- hinukshines likes this
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- lifewithkim likes this
- lindsaydoeslife likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- runningwithguts said: All of our aces = 16. Gives you 100 reps ;)
- shortmom said: Glad you could push through, but sounds scary! I’ve been lightheaded a few times (esp. on deadlifts) and have to just rest it out. Can’t do that with all the team pressure!
- shortmom likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- fiindingmaria likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- x-opher said: That sounds straight up intense… wish there was a box in my city. Maybe its time to move…
- x-opher likes this
- jenniekaplan likes this
- kevsfatfight likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this