My go-to meal… Well, kinda.
I am a bit OCD about meal planning. Just ask my wife. I go grocery shopping weekly and like to make my list based off of pre-planned meals. For me, that means I do not buy stuff we don’t want/need and limits the amount of food that spoils. It has also been extremely helpful to kick off the week by having all of the meat prepared. That usually means chicken, turkey burgers, possibly a roast or pork loin. Most always, it is the turkey burgers.
I take 1lb of lean ground turkey (or even ground chicken) and mix in 1 egg, some onions or shallots, approx. 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic, and occasionally some chopped peppers. Cook them up and toss them in the fridge. Having them handy has proven to be my go-to meal when I don’t do so well with planning, or get tired and lazy when it comes to cooking lunch or dinner.
They work so well to just heat up and toss into just about anything. I have used them to make lettuce wraps (above) or my personal favorite is a big salad. With some mixed greens, red onions, salsa, and half an avocado, these turkey burgers make a great addition. Above all else, having the meat ready saves so much time.
26 Notes/ Hide
- commit2bfit reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- hwy283 said: Love these posts.
- lifewithkim likes this
- runningbysheds likes this
- jrfred likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- auryonblue said: Try making paleo *sloppy* Joe’s! Perfect for a large batch & it freezes well! :]
- auryonblue likes this
- brandigetsfit likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- goodgoodeats reblogged this from attackofkmac
- seeamandarun likes this
- xfitlibrarian likes this
- 3quartersalice likes this
- blissmanifesto said: I am the same way about meal planning! I don’t call it OCD. I call it good planning. I always have cooked meats and veg in the fridge, so I have food right there whenever I am hungry.
- blissmanifesto likes this
- run-doozer-run likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- shortmom said: if i don’t plan, i fail!
- shortmom likes this
- attackofkmac reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- fiindingmaria likes this
- kristysfoodandfitness likes this
- leadoeslife likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this