I feel some type of connection with the message in this video. For those who have not followed my blog since the start, my initial weight loss was accomplished a lot through following the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start. It did what it said it would do, and gave me the jump start I needed.
So much of what is said in this video speaks directly to me, where I have come from, and where I am going. Initially, I too was caught up in the calories in and calories out concept, focused only on cardio with no strength training, and worrying day in and day out about what number might appear on the scale.
People who have never truly struggled with their weight will never, ever, be able to fully comprehend why the number on the scale can be such a driving. It is easy for them to just say “get off the scale” or “do it different”. In many ways, it takes 2 critical changes, the first being the change in your eating and exercise and the second being the transition out of the weighing yourself daily, weekly, etc. mindset. I was in that routine and lost who I was, much like Courtney mentioned in this video.
CrossFit has helped me learn things about myself and recover lost confidence. I don’t know the last time I got on my scale. I don’t count calories. Realizing this, given where I have come from, can be somewhat frightening. How can I go a week without weighing? What if I take in 200 more calories than I burned today? Moving away from that has never felt so freeing.
29 Notes/ Hide
- keepthebootson likes this
- lingchih28 reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- becomeunafraid likes this
- runningbysheds reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- hwy283 likes this
- cophotog reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- runningrox likes this
- blissmanifesto likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- kcweiland likes this
- shandoeslife likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- westcoastrunner reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- runningbysheds likes this
- kevsfatfight likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- for-time likes this
- shortmom said: I always get the sense that the BL show only equates health with weightloss and nothing else. This chick is way healthier in 8 weeks than the rest the people on that show.
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- lion-hearted-girll likes this
- newidentity-athlete likes this
- newidentity-athlete said: You’re awesome. I can definitely relate.
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- shortmom likes this
- westcoastrunner likes this
- alexlolz reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- alexlolz likes this
- xfitlibrarian said: I just finished watching this. Crossfit is amazing and I’m so glad I found it when I did. Running a marathon has been a goal of mine and seeing her run one without the miles and miles and miles makes it seem a little more possible.
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this