Behind the scenes at a McDonald’s photo shoot. Isabel B from Toronto asked “Why does your food look different in the advertising than what is in the store?” And naturally this is explained by the director of marketing for McDonald’s Canada. And yes, I am sure the director of marketing walked into a McDonald’s, camera crew in tow, and purchased the same sandwich that everyone else would get. Did you pick up on the sarcasm there?
I don’t eat clean 100% of the time. But when I do have a cheat meal, it certainly isn’t this crap. What this video did for me was show me just what I already knew, that the product in the ads is delicately, studio prepared and later digitally enhanced and nowhere close to the typical sub-2 minute preppred garbage that gets stored under heat lamps and labeled “food”.
No thank you, McDonald’s.
13 Notes/ Hide
- jakesaw likes this
- auryonblue likes this
- runningbysheds likes this
- lifeweightsandpavement likes this
- thereluctantrunner said: I get the marketing aspect…but….
- stridetoperfection likes this
- run-doozer-run likes this
- shortmom likes this
- x-opher likes this
- notovernight said: I was honestly expecting this to be much worse. The fact that they use the same ingredients is good
- mr-smit likes this
- mr-smit said: They pride themselves on this? I’d be embarrassed. I’m stealing this and Facebooking it.
- ourtimetochange posted this