Our box has cranked the intensity up a notch lately, specifically with the warm-ups. This morning was no exception. We had 1 minute of all out effort at 3 stations: row (for calories), thrusters (45lbs), and hand release push-ups. Great warm-up!
The WOD called for box-jumps, which is where we could catch our breath, and 2 reps of heavy cleans. I figured heavy for me would be around 175 lbs as my last 1RM was 190. A buddy of mine (I call him Textbook because not only is he super strong but has flawless form) setup his bar a little heavier than me and I had to try it. 195. I was pretty stoked because that was a PR for me. A minute later he upped the weight and told me to try it. “Come over here and get a second PR.”
Finally was able to nail that. According to Textbook I lifted 200 easier than 195. Either way, I couldn’t have been happier. Only catch was that meant my weight for the workout needed to be a little higher.
WOD - 5RFT:
- 20 box jumps (24”)
- 2 power cleans (185lbs)
Pretty challenging workout. Seems so simple, with just the 2 exercises, but with the heavy weight it made it challenging. We don’t get to do a lot of workouts where we are working with weight that close to our 1RM so this was pretty cool. The power clean has been a tough movement for me to progress up in weight for some reason. Working with 185lbs was a huge accomplishment for me. Finished in 12:00.
35 Notes/ Hide
- mrsciarrino reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- becomeunafraid said:strong work brother. Keep it up!!
- for-time likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- rashls likes this
- mybodymymachine reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- justbrooksy likes this
- shortmom said:way to go!
- shortmom likes this
- operation225 likes this
- strengthgained said:What a proud moment!!! Way to push yourself- this is what I love about having others there with you while you workout!
- robownslife said:CRANK IT UP MAN! each workout should test you that much more!
- robownslife likes this
- jai-liftingweight likes this
- runningwithguts said:Deeeeefinitely the nutella.
- runningwithguts likes this
- ouray likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- ninefingerfitness reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- notovernight likes this
- veganjesse likes this
- gillsquirt said:2 pr’s!!! awesome, jason!
- gillsquirt likes this
- fiindingmaria said:Grats on the PR!
- 99pounds said:so exciting! i love that your box does a warm up routine before your WOD, too. We just have a set warm up (10 sit ups, 10 pull ups, 10 OHS, etc). I wish our gym did a different workout every day :)
- fiindingmaria likes this
- jcummings72 likes this
- 99pounds likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this