Really enjoyed this WOD. It was a pretty nasty mixture, but a lot of variety, and it was a touch longer than the shorter AMRAPs we were doing pre-Games.
I ran yesterday and my right calf has been extremely tight, almost locked up, ever since. The WOD called for an 800m run but I subbed that for a 1000m row (3:40) instead, which I personally think is much harder than an 800m run. For the ground to OH, I went with a clean & press. Figured snatching the 115# would be quicker but my instinct said go with the clean & press. To test my calf and ankle, I ran the 250m at the end instead of rowing. Time was 16:40.
Stayed after with Randal and did some shoulder work (strict shoulder press with 115 and push presses).
Let me just say that I am pretty worn down this morning. My right calf feels horribly stiff and my neck was tweaked during the WOD. Friday was the Filthy Fifty, Saturday was heavy deads, the WOD (power cleans & 200m sprints), and a 5K later that afternoon, yesterday was a 5 1/2 mile run, and then the workout this morning.
I think tomorrow will be a rest day for me.
25 Notes/ Hide
- jrfred likes this
- notfortime likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- decidediamworthit said: I’m thinking the rest day idea for tomorrow is a good one!
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- robownslife likes this
- 99pounds likes this
- chrisbiketri likes this
- stepsforward likes this
- gillsquirt said: streeeeetch that calf out!! and rowing is totally harder than running!
- thisfearlesslife said: Burpees!!!
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- for-time likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- amyrunning likes this
- shawnaustere likes this
- shortmom likes this
- luvmeliketheresnotomorrow likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this