Oh hey Cindy, it was great to finally meet you.
We did a benchmark WOD this morning to kick off a fitness challenge the gym is doing. I walked in fully expecting something similar to a FGB WOD. So I was totally thrown off track when I saw Cindy on the board.
Normally I would have hated this kind of a workout, but today I was actually excited about it. A 20 minutes AMRAP of 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 body weight squats. My form, while not perfect by any stretch, on the pull-ups is getting a little better. And the only way to perfect it is to do it. I figured that the push-ups would give me trouble in the later rounds and knew that I could catch my breath during the squats. Sure enough, that is how it went down.
Despite only making it through 12 1/3 rounds, I am happy about it. Here is why: it was hard and kicked my butt. The day I breeze through a workout and don’t find any weaknesses or areas to improve then it is time to find something new to do. As I got tired, my kip was off. My partner was great at reminding me about it. In the later rounds my arms and chest reached muscle failure on push-ups. So I know I need to work on that. I was catching my breath during the squats which tells me I should have pushed harder there to make up time. These tough WODs are great for letting you know where you can improve.
My partner made this thing look easy. He didn’t really break a good sweat until 10 minutes in. He maintained perfect form throughout the entire workout which was really impressive. Blazed through 19 rounds like a champ.
23 Notes/ Hide
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- gillsquirt likes this
- shrinkinggirldiaries likes this
- runlojorun likes this
- ouray likes this
- brooksylite said: my hands are effed up too right now. There has got to be a better way. And the pushups, I can do hundreds of pushups, when doing push/pull in the same workout, not so much I toast out quickly.
- easybeinggreene said: your hands look gnarly
- ellydoescrossfit likes this
- thetikistyle likes this
- cupcakesandchaucer likes this
- runningwithguts said: I think you might be missing some skin on your hands, there. And as always, I love you attitude. Sometimes I feel like a broken record. (You should have heard the On Rampers this morning… “We have to run OUTSIDE?! But… it’s cold!”)
- runningwithguts likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- robownslife likes this
- robownslife said: Wow Dude! Wow.
- celestegivesup said: OUCH! This is a little gnarlier than my broken nail this morning. :)
- tribander likes this
- for-time likes this
- shawnaustere likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this