Rant: Grocery Stores
OK, so this frustrated me enough to put this out there. You guys know that I try to keep it positive but there are times when I see stuff and it just bothers me to where I feel like I have to say something or explode. To save your dash from my ramblings, I’ll put all the crud behind the jump.
This weekend I was at the grocery store doing our weekly shopping. I always get a kick out of the folks that bag the groceries because they always grab the cart like I am going to let them take my groceries out to the car for me. Seriously. Thank you, but no thank you. I got this. Not everyone feels that way, however. And there are certainly people that need that service. But there is something about watching a grown man, dressed in a fancy suit, ask a young lady to carry his 4 bags of groceries out to his car that just burns me up.
You have enough ability to drive and park your car. You have enough energy to walk into the store and get a shopping cart. You have enough energy to walk around the store and place items into said shopping cart. You have enough energy to take the items back out of the shopping cart and place them onto the belt for the cashier to scan. But at that point you suddenly become too weak and tired from such strenuous activity that your body breaks down, rendering you totally useless, to the point where your mere survival becomes dependent on having someone carry your 4 bags to your car.
What happens when this guy gets home? Assuming he has enough energy left to operate a motor vehicle. Does he sit in his car waiting on help to arrive to get those groceries out? Maybe he has a team of people or some really nice family members at his house to get him out of such a horrible predicament. Perhaps someone should have followed him to his house and helped him with those 4 bags. After all, I did see 2 boxes of cereal and we all know how ungodly heavy those things can get.
In the big scheme of things, who cares, right? It has no effect or impact on my life other than what I allow it to have. But as I have tried to become more and more healthy, I find that I notice more situations like this. And while lazy people like this guy really tick me off to no end, the best thing for me to do is keep it in the back of my mind and do all that I can to prevent myself from turning into a lazy turd like that guy I saw at the store.
13 Notes/ Hide
- tammidoeslife likes this
- southcarolinagirl said: OMG YES! I’ve come really close to putting something like “why can’t people put their grocery carts in the stalls” on FB, but I’ve been worried I’d offend someone or be too negative. So frustrating. (We don’t have carry out.)
- nightrunning said: I was a bagger once (okay, a cashier who got to bag occasionally) and yes, while some people are lazy chumps, it was nice to get out of the store once in awhile, lazy chumps or not.
- turtleseyeview likes this
- runningbysheds likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- beckyc said: They take bags to your car? Fancy. I haven’t seen that since I would go to the commissary at military bases. People can get pretty ridiculous.
- fortheloveofhope said: Not many places around here (DC) have someone who will carry your groceries for you, but the ones that do also expect that you tip the person. So it generates more jobs and some income for the poor folk.
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- fiindingmaria likes this
- rfgr-26 said: I totally agree with this. At the grocery store by my parents’ house they have someone take the groceries out of the cart and put them on the belt. It’s absurd!
- rfgr-26 likes this
- chrisbiketri likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this