Salmon & Veggies
I work hard at a lot of things, and being a good husband and father is included in that. I don’t normally talk about that here because I figure it might bore some of you. But I want you all to know that it is just as hard for us to eat healthy as it is for some of you.
When I get off work, I go pick up our girls. Since my wife gets off work a little later than I do, we can’t really wait on her to get home and cook dinner. That really isn’t fair. What kind of husband would I be if I sat on the couch until she got home from work, then asked her what we were going to do about dinner? Anyway, I take a small snack and 2 waters for the girls when I pick them up. It keeps them occupied until I get home, get everyone settled, let the dog out, throw on some shorts, and start cooking dinner.
My wife has had some challenges at work the past few days which means she doesn’t need any extra crap when she gets home. Our home is our safe haven. That is how it should be. That is how it always will be. As I was cooking dinner for the girls, I wanted to have something ready for her, too. She has admitted to struggling with eating right and I knew if I didn’t have something ready she would have a hard time selecting something healthy. Not sure how I timed it as well as I did, but I had food for the girls as well as our meals ready around the time she walked in the door. All she had to do was walk in and sit down to a healthy meal with the rest of the family. I mean, what good is having a woman if you aren’t going to take care of her, right?
For us, I had 2 salmon filets (sriracha for me because that’s how I roll) and then sauteed some veggies. Its pretty simple and tastes amazing. Brown chopped onions in some olive oil. Toss in some chopped asparagus, low-sodium soy, and 1 clove of garlic. As they start to cook, toss in some baby bella chopped mushrooms and cook on low. I started the veggies first and then threw the salmon on the Foreman.
As hectic as life can be at times, this was a pretty quick meal to make and was full of flavor. I’ll take a meal like this over anything that could be handed to me via drive-thru window any day.
33 Notes/ Hide
- commit2bfit reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- nolongerplump reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- ikkimikki likes this
- waitinforazombieapocalypse reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- waitinforazombieapocalypse likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- run-doozer-run likes this
- tammidoeslife likes this
- springermom likes this
- theyellowgatejourney likes this
- jonathanrxd likes this
- 99pounds likes this
- srcdoeslife said: I’m a medium rare guy, and I’ve found that throwing salmon on a cookie sheet with salt, pepper and a few lemon slices in a 400 degree oven for about 10 mins does the trick with no fuss and no dishes to wash if you put foil down. I’m anti-Foreman.
- srcdoeslife likes this
- gillsquirt likes this
- gillsquirt said: YOUR WIFE HAS A TUMBLR?! you’ve been holding out. also, food looks good. such a good family man!
- thetikistyle likes this
- mandyisdandy likes this
- willandamydolife likes this
- isazrainbow likes this
- levanna likes this
- ellydoescrossfit likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- runningwithguts said: There need to be more of you in this world.
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- samishealthy likes this
- bikesbrainsbetterliving reblogged this from ourtimetochange and added:
- ourtimetochange posted this