I mentioned before that since we didn’t do a hero WOD at the box in honor of Veteran’s Day, that I was going to do one anyway today. So that is just what I did. Found a spot in the corner, set up the bar and a box.
30 Minute AMRAP:
- 5 deadlifts @ 275#
- 13 push-ups
- 9 box jumps (24”)
This WOD was really tough, especially in round three when I destroyed my shin against the box. It took the wind out of me and I had to pause for a minute to let the shooting pain subside. Then picked it back up and finished. Made it through 11 2/3 rounds + 3 box jumps @ RX. Post-WOD: 2 mile run @ 20:38.
About McGhee: “Corporal Ryan C. McGhee, 21, was killed in action on May 13, 2009 by small arms fire during combat in central Iraq. He served with 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment of Fort Benning, Ga. This was his fourth deployment, his first to Iraq. Ryan was engaged to Ashleigh Mitchell of Fredericksburg, VA. He is survived by his father Steven McGhee of Myrtle Beach S.C., his mother Sherrie Battle McGhee, and his brother Zachary.”
God bless our heroes.
23 Notes/ Hide
- alphas-and-aesthetics reblogged this from ourtimetochange
- livinglifeinmotion likes this
- jrfred likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- southcarolinagirl said: That was one of the first WOD’s I did. The trainer stopped me after 20 min., and I was sore and had limited motion for 5+ days. :-) Nice job, and nice tribute!
- 99pounds likes this
- spareunderthemattt likes this
- ouray said: Well done! 60 DLs at 275 ain’t no joke!!
- ouray likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- shellsbellsontherun likes this
- courage-2-change likes this
- levanna likes this
- thetikistyle likes this
- brooksylite said: I’d like to do that one.
- gillsquirt likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this