Not just about losing weight
When the wife and I first started the journey of a lifestyle change, obviously losing weight was chief among goals. As I have moved forward, it has become painfully obvious to me that weight is not the sole measurement of health and that I need to look at the big picture. I enjoy comparing numbers of weight, BMI, body fat, cholesterol, etc. because I like seeing progress everywhere, not just on the scale.
I swapped doctor’s offices and had some more bloodwork done. This new office is on the ball, man, let me tell you. I did not have to wait for them to call. Only a few days after the test I got the results in the mail. At the very top I saw “This is to inform you that your tests are normal.“ Basically all of my life, my results have come back with something out of range or abnormal. This was a major victory for me. But comparing them to where I have been makes me even happier.
During an appointment back in April, some of my liver enzymes were elevated (not sure how much) and I had to have an ultrasound. That doctor told me that I had a fatty liver. This latest test revealed that I now have normal live enzymes. Every single number or measurement taken in this blood test returned in a healthy or normal range. That is major news for me. Don’t get me wrong, I still have work to do as I would love to improve my body fat percentage and BMI, but this is proof to me that I am doing the right things.
20 Notes/ Hide
- betternikki likes this
- bodyhackery said: This is awesome. Those drops are incredible. I love tracking this kind of data; I’m going to get some blood work done. Thanks for the kick in the ass to make it happen.
- runningbysheds likes this
- southcarolinagirl said: Whoo hoo!
- irondoeslife likes this
- rashls likes this
- gillsquirt said: major win!
- gillsquirt likes this
- bigguynomas said: Congratulations on getting back to back good cholesterol numbers.
- jonathanrxd likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- livingformeandmimi likes this
- chrisbiketri likes this
- shellsbellsontherun likes this
- runningwithguts said: Also proof that you are awesome incarnate. Congratulations! After all of the insanely hard work that you’ve put in, you deserve to be here.
- runsonveg likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- livinglifeinmotion said: wow! this is so awesome! congratulations - seriously, amazing work you are doing!
- fat-minus-minus said: It must feel great to see those results!
- ourtimetochange posted this