My 4 year old put these signs on all the bedroom doors in our house. This is on our door. The frown was for my wife since she was sick and the smiley was for me because I wasn’t.
Our 19 month old had been sick and was with her grandmother. Yesterday my wife sent me a text at 2 saying she got sick at wok and was headed home. I got a call around 4:45 from our 4 year olds daycare that she had gotten sick 3 times. Managed to take care of everyone as best as I knew how. Got my oldest in bed with my wife while I tended to little Emily. Emily was up every hour until around 3 or 4. Lauren was sick until around midnight. Gina was not getting sick but tired and aching all over and didn’t have the energy to do anything. I tried my best to bounce back and forth and check on everyone. Ended up sleeping on the couch. It wasn’t a fun night.
Today we are feeling a little better and had a chance to talk. I have been down and not feeling 100% but I have not been sick like everyone else. Two really long naps during the day seemed to help. It’s actually a miracle in my mind that I have not been sick like my girls. I just can’t help but think that making a change to a healthy lifestyle back in December has helped build strength in my immune system. It’s not just about losing weight. It’s about overall health. I could be wrong here, but in the past, I probably would have been the first to get sick. Just makes me wonder.
As the house quiets down, I think everyone is getting back to normal. Tomorrow will be a brighter day.
9 Notes/ Hide
- southcarolinagirl said:I hope everyone gets better soon!
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- shanapreferspajamas said:Wash your hands, waah your hands, wash your hands. Strip all the bedding, linens, in to the wash, stay hydrated, everyone, gatorade all around! Good job, dad!
- gillsquirt said:you’re such a good daddy/husband!! i hope you don’t get sick, but they’re lucky to have you!
- gillsquirt likes this
- runningbysheds likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- ourtimetochange posted this